Saturday, December 26, 2009

Where do I find make up brushes. - not made of animal hair - gross.?

I went to buy a set of make up brushes. I found out that most of department stores (Clinic, CK, L'oreal, Mac, etc,, ) only sell brushes with animal hair. -mostly goat hair and camel hair. I then went to Walmart to buy some and they only had one type of brush.





For the people that do not understand this, imagine picking up a dead dog and wiping his butt on your face to apply lipstick! - Gross!Where do I find make up brushes. - not made of animal hair - gross.?
I think ulta caries a line that is eco friendly. I just found it. They sell it at ulta. Its called Eco Tools. Synthetic hair, the handles are made from bamboo, the metal thing is made from recycled aluminum cans its reusable packaging, printed on recycled paper and the print is with a plant-based ink. The prices range from $2.99-11.24Where do I find make up brushes. - not made of animal hair - gross.?
My favorite synthetic brushes are from Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics http://www.lumierecosmetics.com





Their face brushes are fabulous and they also have several other synthetic brushes for the eyes too. Even their fiber optic brushes are synthetic...the MAC #187 dupe called Duo Fiber is my favorite of the fiber optics, but all are great. They do carry a few animal hair brushes, but those are the super cheap ones (Powder dispensing brush and the ones $3.00 %26amp; under are natural hair).


http://www.lumierecosmetics.com/index.ph鈥?/a>





A second favorite is Forever Female. They carry several types of hair, but have really nice synthetics too. Check them out here: http://foreverfemale.com/shop/index.php?鈥?/a>





3rd - For inexpensive synthetics, yet a little bit fuller, Everyday Minerals carries some nice brushes: http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=brus鈥?/a>





Another inexpensive online shop is Coastal scents, and they do carry synthetics...you just have to filter through (located at the bottom): http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/鈥?/a>





You can also check out Sephora brand, ADesign and those Echo Tools that were mentioned by another poster.
I get mine from Target. They have several styles at my store and I have not seen that many that have animal hair. I think animal hair brushes are more expensive, so I guess a cheaper store would be the answer.
Use powder from Physicians Formula organic wear and you get a brush. The brushes ARE made are organic goat hair, but they aren't killed and its cruelty free. But they only have powder brushes.
i like the cloth like ones i think the even things out the best
lol well im sure they do stuff to the animal hair before you use it for a make up brush..haha
I think avon do an animal free range

No comments:

Post a Comment