Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best way to clean make up brushes?

I think everyones response (except Claires) is correct! I have done all of them. From shampoo, dish soap, to cleaners like the ones from Mac and Sephora.


This is my favorite for in between cleanings and it smells so GOOD!


http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2937688?cm_c鈥?/a>


What is the best way to clean make up brushes?
Mac brush cleanser works great for a serious brush shampooing. I usually do that once every week or two to get them nice and clean.





Sephora also makes good brush shampoo. They make a spray for daily cleansing and it's antibacterial too (which is great for face brushes, especially for people with acne blemishes). It dries pretty quickly too if you're trying to clean off a brush between colors it'll do the trick. Sephora's makeup brush wipes are the fastest drying for quick cleaning though.What is the best way to clean make up brushes?
You can either use a brush cleaner specifically designed to clean make up brushes, sold at MAC and Sephora ( sephora has more selection)





http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?ngextredir=1%26amp;CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15083%26amp;PRODUCT_ID=PROD1436


http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=S4905





Or you can use a bit of gentle shampoo mixed with a small amount of water to clean your brushes.


Lay the brushes flat to dry, because you don't want the water to drip into the wood handle.
I have oily acne prone skin. I use Phisoderm 4 Way Acne Wash to clean my make up brushes. I put a small pump of acne wash on the bristles. Then swoosh it around in a plastic throw away bathroom cup. I work it into a good lather. Then rinse with warm water until it runs clear. I reshape and lay my brushes on a paper towel and let air dry. I do this process for each brush. You need to use some type of acne soap if your skin is prone to breakouts. The other stuff won't wash the skin oils out. They will still be in the brush. You will have more and worse breakouts.
I like to use baby shampoo to do this. I just put a drop of the shampoo in the bush like it's hair, lather, and rinse. The baby shampoo is definitely softer on the brush hair than regular shampoo.
I use either dish soap or regular soap and warm water. Then just air dry (shape the brush first before letting it dry). Good brushes should not fall apart and it gets rid of all the junk you get in them.
Mac sells a special brush cleaner solution.Any thing else will dry out your brushes and ruin them,especially alcohol,so dont use that.
MAC sells a make-up brush cleaner solution, of maybe just rinse under water with some shower gel or soap??





I havent cleaned mine in a while, but ill probably use that mac stuff....





Hope these help
I use Johnson %26amp; Johnsons baby shampoo, its gentle enough, along with warm water and then lay them on a hand towel to dry.
brush cleaner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12l2rUVXw鈥?/a>
BUY NEW ONES

No comments:

Post a Comment