Saturday, December 26, 2009

Help-I just got a good set of make-up brushes for my birthday?

And I was wondering if there was any special way to clean them after I use them to keep them in good condition and long lasting. They are from David Jones, so I don't particularly want to ruin them, or not use them very much. How do I clean them properly?Help-I just got a good set of make-up brushes for my birthday?
This is a very common makeup question. It's very important to know how to take care of the brushes and keep them in good condition. Of course you don't want any bacteria/infection to start growing on the bristles.





I would recommend washing them after using them each time. There are different ways/techniques of doing it. There are makeup brushes solutions out there targeted for regular cleaning. They have in many stores like MAC, sephora, etc. you can even make your own!





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYz5MsoHq鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjrbWrbap鈥?/a>





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FwklwLsS鈥?/a>





It's also suggested to deep clean them once in a while, so it helps the brushes shelf-live. One way is to use a sponge, I will provide some links to videos that have helped me.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JENRwWaK鈥?/a>Help-I just got a good set of make-up brushes for my birthday?
1] buy professional brush cleaner, or


2] wash with mild shampoo; rinse well, and air dry
I think you can buy brush cleaner that is suitable for use after every time you use them but when you want to wash them properly which shouldn't be after every use then use baby shampoo because it won't be too harsh for the hairs and rub them on your hand to clean them and rinse them. Make sure you don't get the brushes wet above the metal part because the glue will eventually wash off and the hairs will fall out. Then squeeze any excess water out of the brush and shape it into the correct shape again and leave it to dry. I usually wash mine at night so they are dry by the morning.
MAC makes a good makeup brush cleaner that you can just spray onto an old rag and just run the brush over it until you no longer see product... that's a great way to clean them after each use. If you use your brushes daily, then I'd recommend you washing them 1x a wk with baby shampoo (remember not to wet ferrell).





For extremely soiled yucky brushes, try rubbing them in a bit of almond or olive oil to get the product out and then wash as stated above. Take your time, and do it until your brushes are thoroughly clean.





Before you use them, I'd also suggest you wash them with baby shampoo.
Wow you're lucky girl! There are many brush cleaners you can find at Dillards or other department stores. What I do is I just take a slightly damp wash cloth and brush the cloth with your brushes like you would with you face. You should see the product coming off? Just do that very gently though!
Well after each use, I put a pump of hand soap on my palm, and swirl the brushes around in it while having it under running water.

No comments:

Post a Comment