Saturday, December 26, 2009

Whats a good way to clean mac make up brushes without ruining them?

Rubbing alcohol for a brief period of timeWhats a good way to clean mac make up brushes without ruining them?
I use liquid soap and water. You can also use eye makeup remover.Whats a good way to clean mac make up brushes without ruining them?
I use Johnson's Baby shampoo...the best :)
water?
washing them with shampoo and con.


and let them sit them then rinse and let dry+
depends on whats on them. If its just dry powder and you didn't drop it in the toilet( like I have done!) I just wash mine out in the sink with shampoo. Or you can use a can of compressed air !
Hair shampoo.....
They make special cleaner for brushes at Mac so you wont ruin them, the stuff really works, just make sure you let your bristles dry very well before putting on any more makeup!








I hoped this helped =)
shampoos probably the best idea, but use johnson's baby shampoo!
I am not sure, but you should throw out make up that has:





become dry


you have had for 6 months





Brushes the same thing, throw them out after 6 months, it helps with your skin and breaking out... or the lack there of.
I'm a make-up artist and I have brushes that are over 20 years old that are still in excellent condition that I use several times daily. And yes, I do have some M.A.C. brushes but none are that old...probably the oldest is about 6 years.





I have used Cinema Secrets brush cleaner for as long as I can remember. As soon as I'm through with a brush, I dip it into the cleaner and gently swipe on a soft towel until the brush rubs clean. I then let the brush dry on it's side with the bristles hanging just over the edge of the counter. This ensures that no liquid pools down inside the ferrule, or metal portion, of the brush that holds the bristles together. This is integral to keeping your brush clean AND it's keeping all it's bristles. Once dry I place it back in my brush holder. Once a week I gather all my brushes and gently wash in a solution of warm water and a small amount of gentle baby shampoo. I gently dry, press and shape the bristles with a cloth and, again, let them dry on their sides. Once dry, I will lightly spritz with 99% alcohol and I have beautiful, clean, almost like new brushes again.





Here is the link for the cleaner I use:http://professionalsecrets.stores.yahoo.鈥?/a>





If you treat your brushes well, they'll last a lifetime even when you're using them throughout the day.





Hope you found this helpful.





Good luck,





LR
Put a non- cream makeup remover in the sink with some tepid water and let your brushes soak for a while. Rinse well.
clean them? I just toss the old and grungy?

No comments:

Post a Comment