Wednesday, December 30, 2009

10points: How do YOU clean your make-up brushes?

Thanx10points: How do YOU clean your make-up brushes?
I fill the bathroom sink with warm (not too warm) water and swish some baby shampoo in it. Then I put my brushes in and swirl them around until they are clean. Then I run each brush under running water to make sure they are totally clean and rinsed. Then I gently press out the extra water with a clean washcloth and lay them flat on another clean washcloth to dry overnight. Sometimes I use hair conditioner on them too, since mine are natural hair. It makes them extra soft, and the makeup goes on more smoothly and evenly after using the conditioner. Just make sure you rinse the conditioner out thoroughly.10points: How do YOU clean your make-up brushes?
I let them soak in very warm water for a few minutes. Then I start to rub the bristles together with my fingers under running warm water and with a body soap bar. When I get too much color on my fingers, I rinse the brush with warm water and I rub the bristles carefully with soap again and I keep repeating the process until the water comes out clean.


Right after I wash them, I comb the bristles very lightly with a brush and then I let them air dry on their own. Once they are dry you can just shake the brush and slap it a couple of times on your hand so that it restores its shape.
I use Bare Minerals Well Cared For conditioning brush cleanser. I put a few drops in a clean bowl or glass, fill with warm water, and mix it up with a brush. I then let my brushes soak for at least an hour. I then point the bristles down towards the drain and then gently rinse them with clean water and squeeze out all excess. I then let the bristles hang over the edge of the counter and lay the brush handles flat, letting them dry at least overnight, if not longer for my fluffier brushes.
I use spendier brushes too, so I understand your desire to keep them in good shape. I have found that the best way to clean them is actually pretty inexpensive. I just cleaned my Kibuki brush from Bobbie Brown this way two days ago and am totally impressed with how rejuvenated and soft it seems, no more loose hairs etc...





I bought some Castille soap, diluted it with water and put the mixture in a hand soap type pump. I got my brush wet first with plain water under the tap, gently squeezed it out, put a few pumps of the Castille soap on and made circular motions with my brush on the palm of my other hand, rinse and repeat many times till the water runs relatively clear. The great thing about Castille soap is that it won't destroy the proteins in the bristles...it is the same soap they use to give newborns their first baths or when they give bed baths in the hospital. It's so gentle that you don't even have to rinse it off when you use it as a body soap.





The website is kinda cheesy, but it shows you what the bottles of Castille soap look like. You can find this brand in almost any grocery store. I buy the almond scent because the scent is so soft and sweet. A small container of the liquid is only $2.50
I put a small amount of shampoo on the palm of my hand and then dip the brush in and run it under warm water and swirl the brush around on my palm (or fingers) until the water is clean. It only takes a minute and if you make sure to do it every couple of weeks your brushes will last forever. I bought my brushes from MAC in Aug. 2003 and they are still in great condition.
Use brush cleaner, such as M.A.C. or Clinique, and spray it onto the brush, swirl the bristles around in your hand, get it wet with water, spray more cleaner on it, then continue to do the same thing until it seems clean. Rinse all the soap out and straighten out the bristles and put it out to dry over night. You can use a mild shampoo instead of brush cleaner.
Run the bristles of the makeup brush under warm running water.


Apply a small amount of shampoo to bristles and work into a light lather.


Rinse bristles thoroughly under running water. You will notice that the water leaving the brush is tinted from old makeup.


Continue rinsing until no color leaves the brush.


Allow it to air-dry.
get MAC's brush cleaning solution, it's around 10 bucks or so. put some on a clean paper towel and gently sweep your brushes back and forth. make sure you don't do it roughly cos the first time I cleaned my 224, it got all frizzy! pinch the brush tip to make it back to its regular shape and let your brushes air dry and it'll be good to go
best way





take a mild soap


just w/e you wash your hands with and wash them with soap and water until the make up is off them





try not to mess up the bristles too much





to dry them let them sit out over night on your counter


but!!! (this is key)


let the half of the brush that has the bristles on it hang over





this prevents the wood that connects the bristles to handle from rotting
in water


fill your sink with water


brush the brush on the side of your sink as if you were painting something


keep the bristles together mnake sure they don't go all crazy in different ways or your brush won't last


when done washing squeeze the water out smoothing the make up brush hair with your hand making it all go in the same direction





and let it dry!
with eye make-up remover or you can buy make-up brush cleaner.





cheaper alternative - shampoo mixed in warm water, rinse leave to dry, never leave them sitting in the water, the paint peels and cracks.
you can buy brush cleaner at sephora but it is a bit expensive. just get a container and put warm (not hot or cold) water and a little soap just bush them around and stuff untill you dont see crud soming off. change water often and between brushes!
here's what i do


Take a clean plastic cup in just put a little makeup remover(don't use too much because you don't want to waste it.)


put a dab of mild soap in


fill the cup half way with water. Gently rub and swish your brush in it ,leave to soak for a couple seconds.


Take the brush out rinse it under the faucet make sure to get all the soap out .


gently dry with a clean washrag or Kleenex ..Leave to dry on that for a while.


hope i helped!





if you get time could someone answer mine http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I use Bare Escentuals Well Cared For It gets rid of makeup from your brushes that no soap and water can. Its amazing how much comes off. I wash it with that and then I let it air dry. It dries in an hour or two. It makes your brushes so soft and nice, much better then when you bought them!
Most of the time i throw them away. I do have a few that i cant throw away and i boil them in hot water or put them in peroxicide to disinfect them since there are so many different types of bacteria in make brushes and etc....
first swirl them in soapy water then dry with a cotton ball tissue leaves crumbs in ur brushes repeat this till ur brushes are clear then dip in alcohol to insure cleanliness squeeze access liquid out with cotton balls press dry with thumb and index finger,hint hint i sometimes blowdry mines.
Well if you're willing to spend some money on taking care of your brushes and spend some money you may wanna try Clinique Makeup Brush Cleaner.
weird, but i heard a very mild shampoo works really well, like baby shampoo. I used dove on mine, but it kinda stunk for a while..it's ok now tho, i was gonna try the baby shampoo next.
Clarifying shampoo and water, until the water runs clean.
soap and water until when I push the brush against the sink, the water comes out clear, and then I set them on a towel in the bathroom and let them air dry over night
apple cider vinegar and water.
i use baby shampoo for my mac brushes. i scrub them gently in the palm of my hand and then rinse and let dry.
I puut mines in vaslinnee and then take a paper towel to wipe it off it really works! and its good to take off your makeup to [=
ya with soap and water, but make sure to wash them and not let any water get in the hadle or it will MOLD!!





and let them air dry over night! :]
soap and warm water in a plastic cup and leave the brushes in them for 5 min then rince.
I don't wear make-up, so I don't worry about that kind of stuff.
I usually dont have to , its easier and better if you just get new ones. They are very cheap.
dont know i dont have none and never will LOL





why am i getting thumbs down im just being honest
A good reputable anticeptic BRUSH WASH
i clean them with water, and sometimes a little bit of soap
I clean mine with warm water and soap. About evEry week.

No comments:

Post a Comment