Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to wash make-up brushes?

Can I use the shampoo and conditioner I use for my hair? How do I wash it? (Swirl in the sink or rub the hairs with my fingers?) They are MAC brushes by the way and I don't want to use brush cleansers because I don't like spending MONEY!!!!How to wash make-up brushes?
Don't use conditioner, use a very mild shampoo, like johnson %26amp; johnson. I fill a sink with lukewarm water, wet all the brush heads. I put a quarter size amount of shampoo in my hand (or less depending on how many burshes), and swirl each brush in my hand, working the shampoo into it. Rinse under running water, then dip in the still water to reshape the head paritally. Gently squeeze out excess water and reshape the brush head, lay on a towel to let dry overnight. Always dry flat, never let them dry standing up.How to wash make-up brushes?
you have lots of options for washing brushes. i personally use a few methods to keep my brushes clean. i use a spray cleaner daily and a mix-with-water solution every weekend. you can use a mild shampoo like johnson's baby shampoo, or a hand soap like dial if you like.





for quick cleans during the day, i use Brush Off. $14 at sephora. this is a spray that can be applied to any brush that has a powder makeup on it. the spray causes the powder to bead to the top of the bristles, and then you just swipe on a tissue to clean. this is a quick fix only, and not to be used as a substitute for regular washing.





for weekend washing, i use Merle Norman Conditioning Brush Cleaner. $5 at merle norman. this is a liquid that is added to a bowl of warm water, and can clean powders and liquids from bristles. add a capful, and swirl brushes. let sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse under warm water until water runs clear. make sure to rinse while the brush head is turned down so bristles do not twist. reshape bristles and lay flat. let dry completely before reuse.





both natural and synthetic brushes should be cleaned regularly for optimal performance and sanitation. mac and sephora also offer brush cleaners at about $10. johnson baby shampoo or dial hand soap (the ';gold'; one) can also be used to wash brushes. NEVER use a brush that is not completely dry.
I know! The one for MAC is like $15 bucks, and I get a discount! So...


I made my own brush cleaner... lol





1-Buy one of those 3 oz. clear bottles (Wal-Mart, 50 cents)


2- Fill the bottle with water (1/2 )


3- 1 squeeze of shampoo (preferable baby shampoo/a gentle face cleaner)


4- 1 squeeze of Saline Solution (contact cleaner)


4- Shake it up...


You now have brush cleaner...





Lay you brushes flat, squirt the bristles with the solution and with your fingers rub the bristles, going outward. Rinse thoroughly with warm water, then gently squeeze out excess water and reshape the brush head. Lay them flat to dry...





Good Luck!
im not sure the correct way of doing it but I've washed mine several times.





i use mild soap and warm water and just swirl it around a bit and rub it with my fingers. just let them air dry
Shampoos are great for washing makeup brushes, especially if they're made from natural hair. No need to use the conditioner; it could add extra emollients that would interfere with your makeup application. Also, gel-based facial cleanser is a good choice for cleaning the brushes. It removes makeup from your face, so it's excellent at removing makeup from the brushes. To dry them, wring out the excess water, place them on a towel with the brush end hanging off the counter and let them air dry overnight.
I use a baby shampoo instead of the cleansers, it works and it's cheap.I do massage the brushes with my fingers and squeeze out as much excess water as I can as well. Make sure you dry them with the brushes facing up, this means stand them in a glass or jar with the bristles facing up.
Just use the shampoo, don't need conditioner. Or hand soap.
mabey you should get like after wash hair spray ask a friend for one or your mom. i had this once before and its a pain the butt. and you can use shampoo and conditioner too but get a really good brand. also try using really cold water.
I use my shampoo, but it does have tea tree oil in it which is an anti-fungal.


If you are going to use your shampoo, just be sure to lay them flat to dry.


(Don't use the conditioner)
Soap and water. Blow them dry with a.. well a blow dryer :)
just soap and water you can also buy brush cleaner i know a good spa avante laser and media spa but its not world wide. only in texas
I use dish detergent liquid like palmolive. It is gentle and you can use it for your hands so it is gentle enough for your brushes and that is what i do i have sensitive skin and i like this technique. I swirl in a bowl and also use my fingers to clean them. Then i rinse them and use my fingers. It works.
wash them with antibacterial soap and hang them upside down to dry..
use luke warm water and a very mild anti bacterial soap. use your fingertips but be gentle with brush. tap the brush against the sink and let it air dry.
Makeup is bad for your skin ,but if you must wear it I think that an antibacterial soap would work fine

No comments:

Post a Comment