Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do u clean make up brushes?

??How do u clean make up brushes?
I clean my brushes once a week, using this method:





-Wet the bristles in lukewarm water (hot water may damage them or make them less adhesive to the handle, and cold water isn't as cleansing)





-Use 1 pump of Dial Antibacterial Foaming Hand Soap for each brush, making sure to get all of the bristles. I do this to get more bacteria off of the bristles.





-Rinse





-Use a dime sized amount of baby shampoo or cheap dollar store shampoo PER BRUSH.





-Rinse





I also deep condition my kabuki brush. It's just like deep conditioning one's hair-wash it with the steps listed above, then apply a deep conditioning agent to the bristles. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes then rinse.





I let the brushes dry on a towel, making sure to keep the bristles in the shape that I want them to dry in.How do u clean make up brushes?
the whole process that everyone mentioned is conditioning, when you wash it with water and soap and oil if they mentioned is what it means to conditioned your brush! so i guess u prob didnt know that even though everyone else mentioned it, makeup remover is a daily, the other methods are conditionin Report Abuse

you can use brush cleaner from mac like other people have said, clinique has one as well as sally beauty, i dotn really like the sally beauty one but here is a video on youtube that u can check out, its easy to do and really simple, the video like she is going to say u wanna do once a week and once a week only, but u should use the brush cleaner after every use, im not gonna lie sometimes i skip because i dont have time to wait for my brushes to dry but if u skip once or twice it wont be too bad unless u are using completely different colors because old color residue will affect how the color shows on your face





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjrbWrbap鈥?/a>
Lots of cosmetics brands sell brush cleanser, or brush shampoo. Here's an example from MAC:





http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.鈥?/a>





Run the brush under warm water, then lather the bristles with some shampoo/cleanser. Rinse the brush until the water coming off it runs clear.





Good luck!
Call me old fashioned, but I just use soap...lol. But there are brands that make brush cleaners like MAC. Me, I just swirl the brush on some olive oil soap and rinse repeatedly. Seems to get the job done :) And it hasnt ruined any of my brushes yet ^_^
i just use warm water and a tiny bit of soap-then dry them as much as possible with a towel and let them sit out to dry on the towel..i'm not sure if that's the right way but it has always worked for me.
i just take warm water and face wash, swirl it around and rinse till the brush runs clean, then i set it out to dry. Works like magic.
You can shampoo them or I know MAC sells brush cleaners.
I use my face wash. I figure it'll do the job in getting rid of all the bacteria I don't want on my face anyways.
MAC has a brush cleanser you can buy
http://cosmetics.suite101.com/article.cf鈥?/a>
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment