Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to clean make-up brushes?

How often are you supposed to clean your make-up brushes and how?











I've tried rinsing them off in hot water but it made them smell weird.








Help pleasee.How to clean make-up brushes?
Use an anti-bacterial soap. Don't use hot water anymore, use cold. I think when you use hot water, it warms up the glue that holds the bristles of your brush. That makes the bristles move around easier and fall out.How to clean make-up brushes?
I would clean your foundation/concealer brush at least every 2 days but I would go for every night just because the foundation might get crusty on the brush. Haha.


I'd say to clean the powder brushes every other week depending on where they are. If you keep your brushes in your bathroom or on your vanity then yeah, but if you carry them with you in your purse or something then every few days or so.





I get some liquid face wash, I use Neutrogena Makeup Remover + Cleanser, and squirt a little in my hand. Then I get my brush and start mixing the hairs around in it. I turn on the water and then put my hand and the brush under the water and start gently rubbing the soapy brush back and fourth in my palm to get all the powder or foundation, or whatever, out of the brush hairs.





Then after everything is out of it I gently rub it a few times back and fourth on a paper towel to get any excess water out of it and then let it be to dry.








Also, never hold the brush hair directly under the faucet because the water will seep into the place that holds the brush hairs and that will cause them to eventually fall out. So hold it with the handle of the brush facing the faucet and the brush hairs facing the sink.
I clean them everyday with MAC brush cleanser (I'm a freak, I know lol) but once or twice a week is probably enough.





I found you two really helpful videos :)





This shows the basics of brush cleaning


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIGEr81Fq鈥?/a>





This shows the deep brush cleaning


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JENRwWaK鈥?/a>





The guy is a really talented makeup artist :)





Hope this helped, let me know! ~
clean them at lease once a week. Watch this Video she is a real makeup artist in hollywood.
use baby shampoo and warm water.





I wash my liquid foundation brush after every use.


For powder makeup, wash once a week.
I've read that make up artists also use baby shampoo, because its so gentle. I have tried it and its seems fine.
you need to use a shampoo to clean your brushes. I use Clarifying Pantene Pro-V shampoo, and it works!!! Hope i helped! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment