Monday, April 26, 2010

What is your recommendation for cleaning make up brushes?

Wash brushes under lukewarm running water. Use the same soap or facewash that you would use for your face to clean it (to remove bacteria) and rise until water is clear then dry with a hairdryer on low heat.What is your recommendation for cleaning make up brushes?
i usually fill the sink with water and a little mild shampoo give them a rub, rinse them really well till the water is clear then leave to dry in the window. works well enough for. they do take a while to dry.What is your recommendation for cleaning make up brushes?
baby shampoo, a beautician recommended this and also use it every now and then to clean your eyelashes. It doesn't sting your eyes and cleans all the mascara and cleansing lotions out.
shampoo and conditioner. treat your brushes like your own hair. try not to use brush cleaner too much as the alcohol in the cleanser dries out the hairs. Also, invest in quality brushes - sable hair (real hair) as opposed to synthetic hairs as your brushes last longer.
I use baby shampoo. I fill a container with warm water add a little shampoo, swirl to get the bubbles, then I let the head of the brush soak for a few seconds them rub it in the palm of my hand, rinse under warm water squeeze out the excess and make sure there's no soap still in the brush and set it over the edge of a table to air dry. When I do this my brushes will usually dry over night, but since it's cold where I live and the air is drier, the brushes have been drying in a few hours.
I clean mine every day with Clinique Brush off, I spray it on the bristles and then brush on a tissues until no more color wipes off.





Then once a week I wash with baby shampoo and lay flat to dry. I never use a hair dryer as it will ruin the bristles. I just wash them at night after I wash my face, they are dry in the morning.





I wash my concealer and foundation brushes daily with baby shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment