Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How can i remove olive oil from my make-up brush?

i did the mistake to put olive oil on my foundation brush to remove some make up stains...


it did the job but now the bristles of my brush are oily.


is there a way to remove it or will i have to buy another?:How can i remove olive oil from my make-up brush?
|If the bristles are synthetic or plastic and the brush is cheap enough, just buy a new one or, like the other reviewer suggested, a couple drops of Dawn and some warm water.





If the bristles are natural hair... well the only thing you can do really is wash it with your shampoo. This is how I clean my brushes once a month. I also condition them but I think the olive oil did that for you. If that doesn't get it all out... lather, rinse and repeat. If after two washes it's still not out, you may unfortunately have to buy another one. Too many vigorous washes to a natural hair brush will loosen the glue and destroy the lay of the hairs.How can i remove olive oil from my make-up brush?
I agree with the others , use Dawn dish soap, and hot water. This may take several times of rinse and repeat, but it should work. Also, dipping it in rubbing alcohol after the wash, may dry up residue.
Swish it in hot water with a few drops of Dawn dish soap in it,then dry with a paper towel.Keep doing this until all of the oil is gone,then let it dry.
Buy brush cleanser from MAC, it clean all the brushes.
miija, you like totally have to dip in oil again!!!!!fight oil with oil, that what my grandma always said
  • makeup advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment