Monday, April 26, 2010

Elf make-up brushes? are they good?

i was wondering what you guys thought of them. (people who have used them only please)Elf make-up brushes? are they good?
The studio line brushes are quite good, but they're $3 a piece (The Complexion brush is my favorite, it's very soft %26amp; fluffy)


The regular line's brushes are mediocre, the best one is probably the eyeshadow brush; that line has hits %26amp; misses, but it's only $1 so you can't expect much


http://makeupalley.com/product - this site is really good for reading about other people's experience w/ cosmetic products; I refer to this site all the time for products I'm not sure if I should buy, saves you a lot of money =]Elf make-up brushes? are they good?
I know the $1 brushes are probably too tempting to pass up, but from experience I don't think the quality is quite up to par. I would suggest coastal scents (www.coastalscents.com) They have a variety of good quality brushes for cheap (I don't think they have individual brushes for more than $10) and work just as good as some expensive professional brands. They also provide brushes that are made similar to MAC brushes. All the brushes I've bought are super soft and don't shed (maybe only 1 or 2 strands when you first wash them). The site is also secure to order from and they deliver quickly


If you don't want to order online, then I would suggest EcoTools (available at Walmart, Utla, and other select drug stores) These brushes are super soft and are environmentally friendly and sustainable. You can get a 5 piece set (blush, brow, liner, concealer, and shadow brushes that come in a cute cotton/hemp travel pouch) for about 12 dollars.





Hope this helps!
Some are better than others. The flat eyeshadow brush is pretty great, but I don't recall much about the other ones.





Sigma makeup makes great cheap, long lasting, high quality brushes, and so does Coastal Scents. I love their Italian Badger brushes and their Synthetic line.
Some are pretty good, others are lower quality. It just depends on which ones you get. The sonia kashic (SP) line from target are better quality and aren't too bad on the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment