Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ceaning my make up brushes?

How would I get dirt and everything out of make up brushes?Ceaning my make up brushes?
Buy some brush cleaner or use mildly soapy water %26amp; rinse.With brush cleaner you can just wet a bit of paper towel with it, and run your brush along it.





If using water, swish the brush around a little and run along a paper towel and repeat. Make sure you only wet the bristles and not soak the brush in the liquid, otherwise the glue inside the metal part will dissolve and your bristles will start falling out.





Run your brush along paper towel to dry them a little and then let your brushes dry naturally on their side and not upright.Ceaning my make up brushes?
soak the brushes in a container large enough for them to lay down, in a solution of OIL FREE make up remover (20%), purpose (or similar soap free facial cleanser) (20%) and water (40%) for 2 minutes, swishing the brushes around every 30 seconds or so - you will see the make up being lifted from the brushes (it can be a little scary, haha). do not soak more than 5 minutes!





next, put a small amount of cleanser in your hand, with a little water, and swirl the brush around gently. repeat this step until no large amounts of make up are coming out into the water. rinse with warm water (it can be messy....i take them in the shower with me!)





after you follow the above step for each brush, squeeze excess water and lie on layered paper towel.





re-fluff the brushes as much as possible while wet, and stand them up to dry (not up and down, just with the brush head slightly lifted.





when completely dry, re-fluff and your brushes are ready to use. this is the gentlest way to clean them and should give your brushes a long life.





i clean my brushes about every 2 weeks, but if you use them to re-apply throughout the day more oils and bacteria will build up, so you may want to do it more often!





Hope this helps!!
baby shampoo.





Currently, I'm using my facial cleanser, but that won't work for everyone. But baby shampoo is pretty much foolproof, and cheappp too.





My technique is that I wet the brush first, and then I wet my hands. I put a dime-to-nickel sized amount of shampoo into the palm of my hand; the bigger the brush, the more product I use.


Then I just swirl the brush around my wet hand and on the shampoo, until it lathers up. If I notice the lather changing a different colour, then I wash my hand off then do it again. I keep doing this until I don't see any more colour in my hand anymore. Then I can conclude that the brush is clean, lol. Then I just rinse the shampoo off my brush.





Afterwards, I just squeeze out the excess water with a paper towel. I also dampen a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and dab it on the bristles, just to sanitize them. They I just lay them flat to dry, with the bristles over the edge of my counter so they don't dry a weird shape.








Voila!! Clean brushes!
You simply wash them in a mild detergent and things ';sling'; as much water out of them as you can and then let them completely dry before using again. You should do this often.
apply a bit of shampoo to the palm of your hand.


swirl the brsh around under the water, but so the water isn't going against the grain of the hair.


then just let it dry overnight!
put about a dime size of shampoo in your palm, and then wet your brush and swirl it in your palm and then rinse, and let it air dry .
Just wash it out with normal shampoo, it works like a miracle!! :)
Use luke warm water, and a mild shampoo, like baby shampoo.


Put a dime size on your palm, and wet your brush, just wash it.


Eh it's simple as 1, 2, 3.


There are millions of videos of how to clean your brushes on Youtube.
wash it with shampoo.. like you wash a hair...
These are the steps i do to make my brushes perfectly clean and germ free!





1. Take a bit of olive oil onto a paper towel.


2. Then take your brush and wipe it back and forth to remove and break up all that hard make up.( keep flipping over the paper towel and unfolding it to get to the unused sides.)


3. Then take any soap or shampoo you have and run your brush under water to get the bristles wet.


4. Swish the brush in the soap then keep rising off the soap nd adding clean soap to your hand until the water runs clear from any dirt or grim.


5. ring out any water and lye the brushes flat on a towel not up right cuz then the water with get into the farrel then into the handle and the glue will losen up and break the brush.





Thanks! I hope this helps the olive oil will make your brushes softer! Cool Huh! I am looking forward to answering anymore of your questions!
At least one a week use a brush cleaner to clean and stand the up to air dry. If you don't have brush cleaner, baby shampoo and warm water work just as well

No comments:

Post a Comment