Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can you use luminess air, kett, temptu, Occ or any other air brush make up with Dinair?

I am thinking about purchasing a Dinair airbrushing kit but i like the colors that the other Airbrush companies have. So can i use their air brush make up? And is there a system that CAN use anyones Airbrush make?Can you use luminess air, kett, temptu, Occ or any other air brush make up with Dinair?
You can use any type of Airbrush Makeup with their compressor- the compressor has nothing to do with the type of makeup, unless you get the luminess compressor (its a low PSI compressor made to work with extremely thinned foundations aka Luminess foundations)





hope this helps!Can you use luminess air, kett, temptu, Occ or any other air brush make up with Dinair?
Dinair's make up is all water based so the passage way of the airbrush is very thin. Meaning you shouldn't put silicone makeup throught the brush. I guess you could try it but it would probably clog it. Most other makeup companies use silicone thinking that it ';covers better'; which is a false statement. silicone puts a layer of makeup over your skin closing your pores, rather than lightly putting little dots of makeup on your skin. It gives the same coverage and is great for your skin. I took a class with dinair and it made me understand all this. i rally like thier product. they have tons of colors and you can mix colors in the brush itself and make pretty much any shade of color you can think of.





i know this was long but i hope it helps.





if you do find a brush that does allow all makeup post it. that sounds like it would be cool..but i am just so stuck on Dinair i don't think i could switch.

4 comments:

  1. I have been airbrushing for years, and here is what I have learned:

    My first system was Dinair, and while it was great for learning, it was not the best system out there, and you cannot use a wide variety of airbrush products in it. You are restricted to very thin water based products, and you cannot use silicone products, such as Temptu, in the gun or it will splatter (due to the small needle size). My suggestion for good equipment is either Iwata, who has been manufacturing airbsush equipment for years and has a great track record, or Temptu Pro, who also makes great reliable equipment. The key is to make sure you have something that is versatile.

    Also, I have to disagree with the statement about silicone. I have been working with it for years and have never had a problem with my clients skin. Silicone is being used by a number of brands including Makeup Forever, Dior and Revlon. It is completely safe for use on the face, and IT STAYS. All day with minimal touchups, which you cannot say with a water based and touching up water based makeup is a nightmare. If you do want to try a water based foundation, Kett makes the best, they have a beautiful color line.

    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way more info than you asked for, but maybe my experiences will help you. Over the last 2 years I have gone through almost every brand in Sephora looking for a "regular" makeup. None of the brands I used (MAC, Makeup Forever, Dior, Korres, Bare Minerals) had the coverage I get from the Dinair, but the worst thing that happened is I kept breaking out with all those traditional makeups. At 26 years old, breaking out was always very, very embarrassing.

    The Good: I bought the Dinair *foundation only* at first and applied it with a stippling brush, just to see if it lived up to the hype. I had *never* been happier with a foundation. It covered, stayed put (I work 12 hour days), and my skin stopped breaking out. For me, Dinair was a godsend.

    THE BAD: HOWEVER I find that if I do not *clean* my Dinair airbrush at *least* once a week (by which I mean soaking it in a cup of the cleaner with a rubber band holding the valve open) then it clogs and sputters. After a week if I haven't done a soaking clean, and have just been running water through it after *every* use (which I do every use) it will clog and sputter and become unusable, so I imagine that it will do that with any thicker foundation lines.

    I'm so happy with the Dinair foundation that I'm not really worried about it, and wouldn't risk breaking out in order to try another foundation line. The ONLY other foundation line I would put through the Dinair is OCC which is supposed to also be water based.

    Hope I helped, Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temptu Pro actually has 3 different kinds of makeup: silicon based, water based, and alcohol based. However the Dinair is water based, so I wouldn't try putting silicon based makeup through a dinair system just because it would probably clog. Also, Dinair compressors have a lower psi than the temptu pro compressors, so they technically aren't meant to handle the temptu makeup. I have put some temptu colors through a dinair gun before, though, and it worked, it just wasn't as nice looking. It also just splattered onto the skin- not too cute lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.
    best airbrush makeup kit

    ReplyDelete