Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best make-up brush to apply foundation with?

If so, do you have any particular brand reccomendations?What is the best make-up brush to apply foundation with?
MAC makeup brush #187 is the best one for foundation.What is the best make-up brush to apply foundation with?
It depends.


If your using a mineral makeup or liquid or whatever you bought.





-For mineral makeup get a kabuki brush.


-For cream i would suggest a MAC foundation brush. 190# is my favorite!


-And for liquide.. i don't really have experience with liquid but for me a sponge always worked best. But if the brand i bought was too hard for me to blend wit a sponge i would just use my foundation brush.


-if you get a mousse one just use our fingers.





hm, these are the only kind i've ever experienced with..
What kind of foundation are you using?





I use loose powder foundation, and I just use a Total Face Brush from eyeslipsface.com (e.l.f cosmetics). It works well and doesn't shed. For loose or pressed powder I think a kabuki brush will work well too. I think e.l.f has one and MAC and other high end make up brands will too.





For liquid foundation, just look for a general foundation brush. I've heard that the Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target are good, for a good price too. I'm practically positive they will have a foundation brush. i've also heard good things about Eco Tools brushes. Any brand will too!





Any other type of foundation (cream, mousse...) should probably be applied with the hands.





Hope this helps!
The bigger, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment