Friday, January 8, 2010

I want to clean my make-up brushes. Whats the best way to do this?

I've been doing this for years! You need to find shampoo and conditioner that hydrates! I use Herbal Essences (Hello Hydration aka the teal bottle). Just wet the brushes and then put a dime size drop of shampoo on your brushes and gently massage the shampoo into the brush. Wash the brush off and repeat. Once your brushes look clean rub a little bit of the coditioner into the brush like you did with the shampoo. Wash the conditioner out and let the brushes air dry!I want to clean my make-up brushes. Whats the best way to do this?
Always use non fragrance soap with water and let air dry upside down. Or go to an expensive place and they have brand name cleaners.I want to clean my make-up brushes. Whats the best way to do this?
shampoo...if you can wash your hair with it why not brushes
Many make up brands now carry brush cleaner. Try to pick one with ingredients that of course don't damage your brushes but also won't mess with your face. A lot of soaps have mild detergents that although is washed off can still be abrasive to your skin. Some suggestions: Sephora Brand Brush Shampoo about $10, Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser about $13, or Smashbox Brush Cleaner about $15. Hope it helps!
Caring for Makeup Brushes - Run the makeup brush under warm water and lather up with baby shampoo. Rinse with cool water.


Dry on a paper towel for at least 24 hours. This is the easiest and cheapest way to care for any type of brush, from nylon to sable.
When I clean my make-up brushes I just put small drops of shampoo on them and lather it then rinse. It gets them tremendously clean! Then you just lay them out on a towel to dry.





:o)
When I bought my make up brushes from Lancome, the lady told me to wash them in a mild soap. I use purpose soap. The lady who told me to use the mild soap said she had her brushes for 5 years and they were just like new.





I would recommend to wash them about once a month.
It depends on brushes. U can wash them just in watter but it's not recomanded. My advice is just to rub them with some towel but gentilly.
MAC has the best makeup brush cleaner, because the hair on most brushes are natural MAC's remover also conditions the hair at the same time. I've tried sooo many products (sephora's to normal shampoo) i would say MAC's is the best. If you have like a blush/powder brush clean them with baby shampoo. NEVER soak your brushes because the glue that attaches the hairs to the wand will wear away and cause the hairs on your brushes to come off. Watch this video, he's a makeup pro and he'll help a lot.





http://youtube.com/watch?v=xIGEr81FqTM





edit: shapoo is great for the hair but you'll still have bacteria after you dry them out.
What I do is put some water and baby shampoo or mild clenser in the skin, put the bristles in the brush in the sopay lukewarm water and rub them with your hands, then gently rinse, then shape them and lay them flat to dry.
buy a makeup cleanser you can get one from MAC and add some of the cleanser about 1/4 cup with water and let your brushes sit overnight in the cleanser mixture and in the morning take out and let them rinse in plain water for a few hours take them out and dry them with a blow dryer or let them air dry
Makeup companies sells brush cleaner that are used to cleans brushes. I find that any mild cleanser or shampoo can clean your brushes. Use a few drops and rinse in lukewarm water. And let the brush air dry so that the water drips off the brush.
  • makeup advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment